- GFI FaxMaker 2015
GFI FaxMaker can be evaluated without the need of a fax device. During the evaluation period GFI FaxMaker can be setup with TE-Systems XCAPI to send and to receive faxes on two fax channels utilizing its own IP address 127.0.0.1 (also known as LoopBack Pseudo Interface). An additional license key for TE-Systems XCAPI is not needed during the evaluation.
Please ensure that GFI FaxMaker and TE-Systems XCAPI are installed before continuing with this article:
- Open the XCAPI Configuration
- Click on the Click here to add a controller link under the Controller section
In the Controller Wizard select Add PBX or other VoIP Syste" and click on the Next button
- Select the 127.0.0.1 Loopback Pseudo-Interface on the GFI FaxMaker machine
- Next select SIP as your appropriate VoIP gateway which will be used to send and receive faxes.
- Next keep all four fields empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window specify 127.0.0.1 as the default SIP domain. Click on Next button to confirm the SIP IP address.
- In the next dialog window keep all two fields empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window keep the field empty and proceed with the Next button.
- In the next dialog window confirm the number of SIP channels (minimum two channels: on one line to send a fax which is received on the other line at the same time) and proceed with the Next button.
- Finally confirm the new Loopback Pseude SIP controller with Finish button.
- Select File > Save to save and initialise TE-Systems XCAPI service.
Please follow below: How to configure GFI FaxMaker with TE-Systems XCAPI (only section Configuring GFI FaxMaker for use with XCAPI)
Please find how to send a test fax in GFI FaxMaker in the following article: How to send a test fax?
- The rest of the options, which you can configure when creating a new line, are discussed further in the GFI FaxMaker Administration & Configuration Manual (Section: Configuring a fax line > Line options)
- During evaluation period inbound faxes will contain a TE-Systems XCAPI watermark.