GFI FaxMaker is configured to auto-print incoming faxes, but nothing is being printed automatically.
This article provides the steps to fix this issue.
- GFI FaxMaker
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher (64-bit version)
The splwow64.exe process is running (not terminated as expected), preventing the system from handling any additional auto-print jobs.
- On a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows, you cannot use the
runascommand to print from a 32-bit program from different user accounts in a single session.
- Further details about the cause are in the corresponding Microsoft Knowledge Base articles.
On the GFI FaxMaker machine:
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.
Check if splwow64.exe runs as a process under the Processes tab.
- If the process is running, terminate the process.
Perform an inbound fax test with GFI FaxMaker to initiate the auto-print job.
The print job should be successful the first time, but if the splwow64.exe process stays running, further auto-print jobs will fail until the process is terminated.
Download and apply the Hotfix recommended in these Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- Incoming Faxes Are Not Printed Automatically When GFI FaxMaker Is Set to Auto-Print (Permission Issues)
- Inbound Faxes Are Not Auto Printing on Build 19.2
- Inbound Faxes Are Not Auto-Printing