This article describes the process to install the GFI FaxMaker Printer manually. This article should be used when you are getting errors while trying to uninstall the FaxMaker printer using the scripts in the FaxMaker folder or by using the command:
This issue has been observed in GFI FaxMaker installed on Server 2012 or later.
Problems with driver detection may interfere with Printer installation or removal.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Add a printer.
- Select The printer that I want isn't listed.
- Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings.
- Click Next.
- Check Use an existing port and select NUL from the drop-down and click Next.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse.
- Browse to this path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker\Faxmaker.inf
- Do not select the Use the driver that is currently installed.
- Click Next twice.
- Check Do not share.
- Click Next and Finish.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- You will find the recently added printer listed there.