The sender of the fax email requests receives a non-delivery report e-mail message stating that the email is too large. The following are sample NDR messages :
This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.
<server.domain.local #5.2.3 smtp;450 5.2.3 Msg Size greater than allowed by Remote Host>
Delivery has failed to these recipients:
This message exceeds the maximum size allowed.
550 5.2.3. RESOLVER.RST.SendSizeLimit; message too large for this sender
- GFI FaxMaker
- IIS SMTP
- All supported environments
Remove the check boxes on the SMTP message size limits in the Default SMTP virtual server of IIS on the GFI FaxMaker server
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- If GFI FaxMaker is installed on Server 2008 or later, it should list in All Programs as: Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Manager
- Right click the SMTP Virtual Server and select Properties
- Navigate to the Messages tab and remove checks to limit sizes, with primary focus on Limit message size
- The default message size is set to a 2MB when SMTP is initially installed
- Restart IIS via command prompt by typing 'iisreset' and pressing [ENTER]