PROBLEMDaily Fax Usage Reports does not show the correct number of incoming faxes. It claims that the number of incoming faxes is 0 for any days selected (although some inbound faxes are archived successfully in the SQL database).
- GFI FaxMaker SR1 or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server
In Micosoft SQL Studio, alter the table definition for fm_faxin:
- Go to Tools > Options > Designers
- Uncheck option Prevent saving changes that require table re-creation
- Change type of column result from nchar(255) to nvarchar(255)
- Note: Values for + nchar are fixed-length, which will reserve storage space for number of characters you specify even if you don't use up all that space, whereas + nvarchar are variable-length, which will only use up spaces for the characters you store. It will not reserve storage like nchar.
- After the table alteration, run the following script to remove the extra spaces from the result column:
SET result = "SUCCESS"
WHERE result LIKE "%SUCCESS"
The column result of the table fm_faxin is fixed length.