The GFI FaxMaker Monitor shows FM MTA service is not started, but service is actually started in services.msc
Potential root causes are:
- Re-installation of GFI FaxMaker on a machine that previously had GFI FaxMaker installed, but the second installation was directed to a new directory or file partition.
- Removal of the default email client settings.
- Open the registry editor and navigate to the registry path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FaxMaker\Config\E2FG
- Note: If a 64 bit installation, the path is: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\GFI Fax & Voice\FaxMaker\Config\E2FG
- Validate values for registry keys: basedir, indir, outdir and ensure the file paths are set correctly
- Navigate to the GFI FaxMaker installation directory
- Note: Default installation path is: C:\Program Files\GFI\FaxMaker or C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\FaxMaker, if a 64 bit installation
- Run the file fmgwinet.exe. This will attempt to run the GFI FaxMaker Message Transfer Agent service as an application
- Check for any errors and address appropriately
- Note: A potential error may be that there is no default mail client set. To set this, note article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH20486