PROBLEMThe GFI FaxMaker monitor does not show any incoming calls.
- GFI FaxMaker
- Fax over IP (FOIP)
There can be various reasons why inbound calls are not shown on the FaxMaker monitor. The following guideline helps to troubleshoot the fax reception problem:
- Dial the fax number from any handset and ensure that the fax number is valid and also reachable. Can you hear a normal ring tone? If yes, go to 2.
- Log into the user interface of FOIP gateway and ensure that the inbound call can be seen in the activity log trace. If yes, go to 3.
- Verify if the IP address of FaxMaker server can be pinged from the FOIP gateway. If yes, go to 4.
- Verify if the FOIP gateway routes inbound fax calls to the designated IP address of FaxMaker server. If yes, go to 5.
- Verify the traces of FaxMaker if inbound fax calls hit the FaxMaker server