Outbound faxes with TIF attachments fail due to a document conversion error (1701,1705, or 1706). Other attachment file types appear to convert successfully.
- GFI FaxMaker
- All supported environments
- Microsoft Windows 2008 server and higher
For Microsoft Windows 2008 & 2008 R2, it is necessary to add the 'Desktop Experience' feature before enabling the ability to print. This will require a reboot of the server.
The following steps outline how to configure GFI FaxMaker to convert TIF files via the built-in Microsoft Image libraries:
- Add extensions tif and tiff to the Document Conversion Properties within the GFI FaxMaker Configuration (Advanced > Document Conversion > Properties)
- Within the Registry Editor, verify and/or create the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\print\command]
- Set the Default value within the command key to the following value: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_PrintTo /pt "%1" "FAXmaker" "" ""
- After setting this, a Print option should be seen when right-clicking a TIF file on the GFI FaxMaker machine
- Delete the Clsid (REG_SZ) entry under [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\print\DropTarget] in the registry
- Check [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\Configuration Mappings\gfimntr.ini\GFi_Print_monitor] to ensure that a DWORD hive exists called Temp_Directory and that it maps to the path of ..\FaxMaker\temp
- Note: In rare occasions, the Document Conversion listings in step 1 above may need to be accompanied by the print command. It is suggested to first try it without the print command, and if it fails, the print command can be added followed by a restart of the GFI FaxMaker Services.
GFI FaxMaker is unable to natively convert certain TIF formats.