PROBLEMUsers can generally receive faxes and faxes can be sent successfully using the Line Test tool in the Lines/Devices node of the GFI FaxMaker Configuration. However, when a fax is sent using Outlook or the GFI FaxMaker Client, the fax fails to send with a SIP 404 error.
Other identifiers may include unknown errors returned in a transmission report to the sending user, and/or SIT tone errors seen in the bottom of the GFI FaxMaker Monitor under the Fax Server node (SIT errors typically produce a 327 or 329 line status error)
- GFI FaxMaker
- FAX-Over-IP environments (SR140 or XCAPI)
- Stop the GFI FaxMaker services
- Open the registry and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GFI Fax & Voice\FaxMaker\Config
- Create a new String key 'AppendDomainToClip'
- Set the value to to gateway IP address (i.e. 192.168.240.11)
- Start the GFI FaxMaker services
- Check if the issue persists
SIP packet captures should be collected if the problems persist for further troubleshooting.
By default, invite SIP packets sent by GFI FaxMaker are only in the number format (retreived from the senders fax field in AD) rather than in the standard SIP number@domain format. Some VOIP gateways (i.e. Mitel) will reject messages without the invite field in this standard format.