During a Remediation, the LnssProcessorService.exe crashes and the below error message is displayed:
LnssProcessorService has stopped working
The SearchIndex has become corrupted.
Rebuild the SearchIndex following these steps:
- Stop the GFI LanGuard service.
- Copy the SearchIndex folder (default location: c:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 11\SearchIndex\) into another location as back-up.
- Delete the content of the SearchIndex folder.
- Start the GFI LanGuard service.
- Run the following command to re-create the SearchIndex:
c:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 11>lnssprocessorservice.exe --CreateOrUpdateIndexAutomatically
NOTE: The rebuild of the SearchIndex may take some time.