The following error is received when scanning or deploying patches to a remote computer:
Error 1314: A required privilege is not held by the client.
This message is a Windows-specific error code as confirmed in the Microsoft article: System Error Codes (1300-1699)
This article explains why this error occurs and how you can troubleshoot it.
DCOM is running with incorrect permissions.
- Open DCOMCNFG (Start > Run > type
dcomcnfgand press Enter).
- Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
- Enter the Properties of LNSSCommunicator.
- In the Identity tab, select the Launching user radio button.
- Restart the GFI LanGuard XX Attendant service.
You can review and apply the resolutions indicated in the following article to fix the DCOM permissions: Agent Install or Remediation Job Status Stuck at Pending