PROBLEMThe GFI LanGuard console displays the message:
Communication server not running
- GFI LanGuard 2012 and later versions / builds
- All supported environments
- Check Windows Task Manager for the presence of two httpd.exe processes. If they are not there, continue.
- Restart the GFI LanGuard Attendant service and check for the 2 httpd.exe processes. If they are still not present, continue.
- Check to make sure there is a toolcfg_patchautodownload.mdb is present in the C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 11\ directory (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GFI\LanGuard 11\ directory on a 2003 class computer)
- In the GFI LanGuard console go to Configuration > Patch Auto-Download
- In the navigation pane, under Common Tasks click Edit patch auto-download options...
- In the Patch Auto-download Properties dialog click the Patch Repository tab
- Make sure that the Download directory and the WSUS Content folder (if specified) use either a local drive path or a UNC path (if on a remote machine)
- DO NOT use a mapped drive. Also, make sure a mapped drive is not showing in the box (even if the option to Use files downloaded by WSUS is disabled). If it is showing, change it to a local drive and then disable the setting.