PROBLEMThe following error is encountered when Program Updates fail:
Index file was not found or is not valid
- GFI LanGuard
- All supported environments
- From the GFI LanGuard console machine, log in with the same credentials used by the GFI LanGuard attendant service
- Open windows explorer and attempt to access the LanGuard update site directly and download the following:
- http://lnsupdate.gfi.com/index.txt (if prompted for credentials, call the GFI Support). The browser should display a page with a singe number in it.
- If it fails to download the file check for the following:
- The connection is going through a proxy server: Go to http://www.whatismyproxy.com/ to test for the presence of a proxy server. If detected enter the proxy server in GFI LanGuard under Configuration > Program Updates > Edit proxy settings
- The connection is being blocked by your network firewall. You should receive an access denied message and there should be logging in the firewall that the connection is being blocked.