When deploying patches during remediation, all patches fail to install with the error:
GFI LanGuard 2014 R2 - build 20140512 and later:
Program is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file (9009)
DNS server not authoritative for zone.
There are 2 possible causes:
%SystemRoot%\System32value is not part of the system
- There is a problem with the operating system when expanding the
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Advanced System Settings.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Find the Path System variable, highlight it and click the Edit button.
- Make sure it has
%SystemRoot%\System32;in the variable value. If it is missing add it and click OK. Go to step 7. Otherwise, continue with step 5.
- Copy the entire Variable value, paste it into a text file and replace the Variable value temporarily with some other value and click OK.
- Edit the value again, paste the saved original value in its place and click OK.
- Test by launching
msiexec.exe /?from the Start > Run line or the command prompt.
NOTE: If you have multiple computers in your domain with the issue, you can set this by group policy with instructions from the following Microsoft article: Configure an Environment Variable Item.