Attempts to remediate or apply software updates to some computers result in errors in the LanGuard Remediation details section:
- "Remote registry failed"
- "RPC not available"
- "The network path was not found"
The following messages may be show in the lanss_v102_patchdeployment.csv log:
"warning","RemediationEngine","Failed to open SC Manager: The RPC server is unavailable" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< TRemoteRegistryServiceManager.StartRemoteRegistryEx Result: False, dwLastError: 1722" "info ","RemediationEngine","<< StartRemoteRegistry Result: False" "warning","RemediationEngine","Registry connection failed Error 53: The network path was not found"
- GFI LanGuard
- All supported environments
- Ensure the account specified in Remediation Center > Remediate button > Credentials is part of the target machine's "Administrators" group (directly or via another group)
- Ensure the following services are started on the target machine:
- Remote Registry Service (Note: This can be set to "manual" startup and LanGuard will attempt to start it. For troubleshooting purposes however, have the service running).
- Remote Procedure Call Service (RPC)
- Ensure the other requirements are met according to the following article:
What changes are required on a Windows Vista or later machine to allow GFI LanGuard to scan and deploy updates to it?
These errors are normally caused when the account that is used to connect to the target machine (specified in the Remediation Center > Remediate button > Credentials) and copy over the requisite files for remediation (Patchagent.exe, deploypatches.bat, patch install files, etc.) does not have full administrative access to the machine OR the remote registry service, or Remote Procedure Call service not enabled.