You receive the following error when attempting to remediate:
Error: RPC Server Is Too Busy to Complete This Operation
NOTE: You also cannot view the Windows Event Viewer from other machines.
An invalid registry key entry has caused the RPC (Remote Procedure Call) service to fail when connecting to the remote machine. More information is available at Q307765: Troubleshooting ‘RPC Server Too Busy to Complete Operation’ Err.
- From the GFI LanGuard server, open the Registry Editor
- Locate the following key in the registry:
- Go to Security > Permissions.
Make sure that the Everyone group has only read-only permissions. Check for any other accounts other than System and set those to read-only, then click OK.
- Open the value and make sure that a valid character exists.
Also, check by backspacing across any entry to find out if a valid character or empty field is in the string. This string can be an empty string. With these, you can monitor event logging to capture the failed write attempt by a third-party program.
- Quit the Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.