When deploying patches to a system, the following error is encountered:
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
The account used to execute the patch installers using GFI LanGuard Patch Agent service does not have permission to log on to the system as a service.
Check the Account That Runs GFI LanGuard Patch Agent Service
- Go to Advanced options > Deploy patches under the following administrative account
- If not enabled by GFI LanGuard, it uses the Local System account on the target machine that does not produce the error.
- If enabled, it uses the account and the password specified as shown below:
Enable 'Log on as a Service' on the Remote Computer
NOTE: If you want to set this policy for the entire domain, perform using the domain security policy snap-in.
- Open the Control Panel on the remote system.
- Go to Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Find the Log on as a service policy and add the appropriate user or group.
- Click Apply, then OK.
The patches are deployed successfully.