When attempting to scan on a Mac OS X computer you receive the following error:
The SSH connection failed with error 'Authentication failed'
- GFI LanGuard 2012 SR1 and later versions
- Supported Mac OS X Environments
Verify that you have specified the correct credentials in the scanning module:
- Open the GFI LanGuard console and navigate to the Scan tab
- Double-check that the specified credentials are correct
- Click Scan Options...
- If the check box Use per computer credentials when available is checked, do the following:
- Navigate to the Dashboard tab
- Open the Properties of the Mac computer
- In the General tab verify the credentials configured there
NOTE: GFI LanGuard requires superuser (root) credentials in order to scan computers without problems. Administrator credentials are not enough.
The credentials specified are invalid or have insufficient privileges.