This article introduces you to the release of GFI LanGuard 2011 Service Release 1 (Build 20110817).
GFI LanGuard 2011
- Localization to German and Italian.
- Support for removing computers from the Dashboard.
- Extended reboot options for remediation.
- Support for customizing remediation warning messages.
- Support for stopping services before patch deployment.
- Improved network discovery functionality - reduced dependency on NetBIOS.
- Support for remediation based on a scan.
- Improved support for generating reports from the grid view.
- Improved graphics experience under non-standard DPI.
- Emailing reports does not require an email client anymore.
- Support for excluding non-Microsoft patches from scans.
- Some security applications are not detected or their state is reported inaccurately.
- Unlicensed computers cannot be removed.
- Remediation jobs fail due to improper handling of regional settings.
- Scan crashes if the hostname of the scanned computer cannot be resolved.
- Several upgrade issues.
- Occasionally some computers are detected offline during a scan even if they are initially discovered as online.
- Agents fail to get program updates occasionally.
- Agent scan profile configuration is not always activated.
- Agents do not support scanning with user-created scan profiles.
- Agents cannot be installed on x64 computers if LanGuard runs on older operating systems.
- Network structure layout is sometimes broken in Dashboard.