Product and Date: GFI LANguard 9, 2009
- Guide users to configure their antivirus solutions for best LANguard functionality and performance.
- Improved proxy support - a dialog is now available for manual proxy configuration.
- Licensing - Freeware mode with a limit of maximum 5 scanned computers.
- Security scanner - Warning displayed when the LNSS_MONITOR_USR account does not have sufficient privileges.
- Security scanner - New scan target type supported: scan computers in text file.
- Scanning profiles -> Patches: support for configuring patches for all supported languages.
- Warning displayed when the GFI LANguard computer has no Internet access.
- Automatic remediation - Improved timeout handling for auto-uninstall validation.
- Database maintenance options - displays information about license limitations.
- Dashboard - Scheduled Security Scans: displays a proper state when waiting for offline computers.
- Improved application start-up speed.
- Improved context help.
- Other cosmetic and ease-of-use improvements.
- Patch deployment - Computers where deployment fails are highlighted in the deployment status window.
- Program updates - scheduled updates that fail because files are in use are postponed.
- Security scanner - Scan Summary reports user-interrupted scans accordingly.
- Security scanner - Start page now has improved support for starting quick scans.
- Security scanner - performance improvements.
- Scan results - Virtual machines are highlighted in the scan results tree.
- Vulnerability assessment - Improved support for Python scripting.
- Automatic remediation - Redundant email notifications were being sent when new patches became available.
- Enumerate users/enumerate computers - Application crash when using Active Directory on Windows Server 2008.
- Microsoft updates deployment - Command line switches were not set correctly for a category of patches in Uninstall Microsoft Patches.
- Patch auto-download - Access Violation errors causing GFI LANguard 9 Attendant service to crash.
- Results filtering - Virtual Machines report was not working.
- Security scanner - Occasional application crash while performing large scans.
- Security Scanner - Occasional failures when performing reverse DNS lookup operations while scanning.
- Security Scanner/Enumerate Computers - 0 computers detected in workgroups with Windows Server 2008.
- Scheduled scans - "Wait for offline computers" was not working correctly when the target was specified by hostname.
The latest version of GFI LANguard can be downloaded from http://www.gfi.com/downloads/register.aspx?pid=lanss.