This article introduces you to the release of GFI LanGuard 9 Service Release 1 (Build 20090313).
Product and Date Release:
GFI LanGuard 9 / 2009
- Guide users to configure their antivirus solutions for best LanGuard functionality and performance.
- Improved proxy support - a dialog is now available for manual proxy configuration.
- Licensing - Freeware mode with a limit maximum of 5 scanned computers.
- Security scanner:
- Warning displayed when the LNSS_MONITOR_USR account does not have sufficient privileges.
- New scan target type supported: scan computers in the text file.
- Scan Summary reports user-interrupted scans accordingly.
- Start page now has improved support for starting quick scans.
- Performance improvements.
- Scanning Profiles > Patches: Support for configuring patches for all supported languages.
- Warning displayed when the GFI LanGuard computer has no internet access.
- Automatic remediation - Improved timeout handling for auto-uninstall validation.
- Database Maintenance Options - Displays information about license limitations.
- Dashboard > Scheduled Security Scans: Displays a proper state when waiting for offline computers.
- Improved application start-up speed.
- Improved context help.
- Other cosmetic and ease-of-use improvements.
- Patch deployment - Computers where deployment fails are highlighted in the deployment status window.
- Program Updates - Scheduled updates that fail because files that are in use are postponed.
- Scan Results - Virtual machines are highlighted in the Scan Results tree.
- Vulnerability assessment - Improved support for Python scripting.
- Automatic remediation - Redundant email notifications were being sent when new patches became available.
- Enumerate users/enumerate computers - Application crash when using Active Directory on Windows Server 2008.
- Microsoft updates deployment - Command line switches were not set correctly for a category of patches in Uninstall Microsoft Patches.
- Patch auto-download - Access Violation errors causing GFI LanGuard 9 Attendant service to crash.
- Results filtering - Virtual Machines report was not working.
- Security scanner:
- Occasional application crash while performing large scans.
- Occasional failures when performing reverse DNS lookup operations while scanning.
- Security Scanner/Enumerate Computers - 0 computers detected in workgroups with Windows Server 2008.
- Scheduled scans - Wait for offline computers was not working correctly when the target was specified by hostname.