LanGuard is reporting several missing patches for Microsoft Silverlight, but the application is not installed on the computers that are reporting these missing patches.
- GFI LanGuard
- All supported Windows environments
This is a normal behavior, but if you do not want to scan for Silverlight missing patches, please do the following:
- Go to the Configuration tab
- Right click Scanning Profiles > Scanning profiles management
- Select the scanning profile you use for missing patches detection
- Go to Vulnerability Assessment Option > Patches
- Sort the tree result by Target Software and uncheck the Silverlight box
The process needs to be performed again if you use several scanning profiles.
GFI LanGuard makes use the same mechanism of MBSA to get the list of missing patches. It means that LanGuard will detect and report the same patches as the ones recognized by this tool, so even if you do not have a version of Silverlight installed, this update is also available and offered from Microsoft Update and LanGuard as an optional update.