LanGuard is reporting several missing patches for Microsoft Silverlight, but the application is not installed on the computers where these missing patches are reported.
GFI LanGuard uses the same mechanism as MBSA (Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer) to get the list of missing patches.
- It means that LanGuard detects and reports the same patches as the ones recognized by this tool.
- So even if you do not have a version of Silverlight installed, this update is also available and offered from Microsoft Update and LanGuard as an Optional update.
This is normal behavior, but if you do not want to scan for Silverlight missing patches, please perform the following:
- Go to the Configuration.
- Right-click on Scanning Profiles and go to Scanning Profiles Management.
- Select the scanning profile you use for missing patches detection.
- Go to Vulnerability Assessment Option > Patches.
- Sort the tree result by Target Software and uncheck the Silverlight box.
NOTE: The process needs to be performed again if you have several Scanning Profiles.