This article provides a solution based on the root cause found on why accounts are being locked out when performing scans in GFI LanGuard.
- GFI LanGuard
- Microsoft Active Directory
Root Cause Analysis
Depending on the configuration of the Account Lockout Policy setup in Microsoft Active Directory, the Weak Passwords that were checked in GFI LanGuard can trigger account lockouts.
The following steps guide you on how to disable Weak Passwords in GFI LanGuard:
- Start the GFI LanGuard console.
- Press CTRL+P to open the Scanning Profile Editor.
- For each Scanning Profile, navigate to Vulnerability Assessment Options > Vulnerabilities.
- Click Advanced.
- Disable the Weak Passwords that are checked.
Users should now be able to perform scanning through GFI LanGuard without being locked out.