Microsoft Windows Vista or higher and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or higher use User Account Control (UAC) to improve the safety and security and prevent malicious content from running on systems. GFI LanGuard is compatible with UAC requirements and all the GFI LanGuard application files that are digitally signed.
This article guides you on how GFI LanGuard interacts with UAC.
Using Command Line Tools
impex.exeand others, require elevated privileges to complete the requested tasks.
- Open CMD using Run as Administrator.
- Failure to do so returns the following error:
The requested operation requires elevation.
Disable User Account Control
- Click Start > Run, type in
secpol.mscand press Enter.
- From the left pane of the Local Security Policy console, expand Local Policies and select Security Options.
- From the right pane, double-click User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode and select Disabled.
- Click OK.