By default, when scanning an IP range, GFI LANguard scans all IPs from x.x.x.1 to x.x.x.254.
To configure GFI LANguard to scan IP addresses x.x.x.0 and x.x.x.255, proceed as follows:
Step 1: Identify the ID of the Profile you want to use for scanning the range
- Open the Operationsprofiles.mdb database. By default, this is located in ..\GFI\LANguard\Data\
- Double click on the Profile table to open it.
- In the ProfileName column locate the name of the profile that you are using.
- Take note of the ConfigID value for this profile
Step 2: Edit the selected Profile to scan IP range x.x.x.0 to x.x.x.255
- In the Operationsprofiles.mdb database, double-click the Configuration table to open it
- In the ConfigID column, locate the ConfigID taken note of previously.
- In the same row identified in step 2, locate the Scan0and255 column and set this field value from 0 to 1.