GFI LanGuard is designed to detect and deploy missing security patches from Microsoft and other popular vendors, like Adobe, Mozilla, Apple, Oracle, etc. Click here for the full list.
Additionally, any other third party software and scripts that can run silently can also be deployed through GFI LanGuard This can be done through the Custom Patch Deployment feature.
Follow these steps:
- Download the patch from the Microsoft site or from the site of the software vendor.
- Open the GFI LanGuard console.
- Under the Network Audit tab click the Remediate tab.
- Click the Deploy Custom Software node on the left-hand side pane.
- In the Specify the software to be deployed' section click the Add... button.
- Browse to the downloaded file.
- In the parameters section, enter the required parameters (refer to note below).
- Click Add.
- In the Specify the target computers where to deploy software, click Add or Select , and select the machine(s) to which you want to deploy the update to.
- Click Deploy to launch the deployment.
- You normally need to specify a parameter so that the installation of the update is done silently (without showing any dialogs to the user)
- If you are trying to install a Windows patch, you can select to make use of the parameters normally used for Windows patches
- For third-party software updates, you would need to check the parameters to be used with the software vendor.