AnswerIt is recommend that the following instructions be performed when requested by a GFI Technical Support Representative.
The following procedure should be performed on the machine where GFI Languard is installed.
Note that screenshots and screencasts help GFI Support agents to better understand your issue. Use the Problem Step Recorder (psr.exe) which ships with the latest versions of Microsoft Windows to record the screen or capture screenshots that show the whole screen, including the system clock with hour and minute. Send these to GFI Support.
- Stop the GFI LanGuard Attendant Service (If using version 12, also stop the GFI LanGuard 12 Service).
- Delete all existing files in C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard <version>\DebugLogs
- From GFI LanGuard console, click the menu button in the top left and navigate to Help > Enable debug.
- Restart all the services stopped in step 1.
- Try to reproduce the issue or wait until the issue occurs
- From GFI LanGuard console, click the menu button in the top left, navigate to Help > Troubleshooter and run through the steps to gather the logs.
- Once the logs are done uploading, compress the screenshots or screencasts in a ZIP archive. If a new case is created you can send the screenshots to the email that you receive. If a case was already created you can send the screenshots by replying to one of the previous case emails.
If you prefer to upload the logs manually:
- Open a new Windows Explorer window (not Internet Explorer)
- Navigate to ftp://ftp.gfisoftware.com
- Right-click in the window and select Login As.
- Enter the following credentials:
- Username: gfi
- Password: gfi911cust
- Drag or copy/paste the file you want to upload into the blank pane
- Once the upload is complete, send an email back to the case confirming the name of the uploaded file.