This article describes how to collect the Troubleshooting log files from the Central Management Server of GFI LanGuard.
It is recommended that the following instructions be performed when requested by a GFI Technical Support Representative.
Collect the log files from:
- C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12\Cache\datacentralization
- C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 12 Server\DebugLogs
Compress the files in a zip file and name it as your case number (GFI-160812-XXXXXX.zip).
Next, upload the log files to the GFI Support FTP server. To do this:
- Open a new Windows Explorer window (not Internet Explorer).
- Navigate to ftp://ftp.gfisoftware.com
- Go to File > Login As, or right-click in the window and click Login.
- Enter the credentials. The username is gfi and the password is gfi911cust
- Drag or copy/paste the zip file containing the log files into the blank pane.
- When the upload is complete, send an email to your GFI Support representative with the name used for the log files zip file.
If you are unable to upload files via FTP, go to http://wetransfer.com. In both the To (Friend's email) and From (Your email) fields enter your own email address. Upload the log files zip file. You will then receive an email from WeTransfer. Send the WeTransfer download link to your GFI Support representative.