This article guides you on how to uninstall the GFI LanGuard Agent via the GFI LanGuard Console or manually using a script.
Uninstalling Through GFI LanGuard Console
- Open the GFI LanGuard Console.
- Go to Configuration > Agents Management.
- On the list of computers under Agents view, right-click on a system you want to remove the Agent from and choose Properties.
- Click Agent Status.
- Select Uninstall Agent and press OK.
Uninstalling Manually Using a Script
The command prompt can be used to manually uninstall the GFI LanGuard Agent.
The GFI LanGuard Console is not able to recognize that the Agent has been uninstalled manually. Hence, this step should only be performed if:
- The main application has already been uninstalled.
- The main application already indicates the Agent is not installed, but the service still exists on the client.
- The Agent needs to be removed immediately and the normal procedure through the main UI does not work.
Do not run this uninstall command directly on the GFI LanGuard server. Doing so may corrupt the GFI LanGuard installation.
- Open the command prompt running as Administrator.
- Run the following command according to the version of GFI Languard Agent you have installed:
GFI LanGuard 2011 Agent:
GFI LanGuard 2012 / 2014 / 2015 Agent:
GFI LanGuard 12:
- Reboot the machine.