The Scanning Profiles Editor allows the user to create new scanning profiles. In order to create a new custom scanning profile, follow this steps:
- Launch GFI LanGuard management console
- Click Configuration tab
- Right click Scanning Profiles and select Scanning Profiles Management
- In Scanning Profiles Editor from Common Tasks, click New scanning profile…
- Specify the name of the new profile and optionally select Copy all settings from an existing profile to clone settings from an existing profile.
- Click OK to save settings. The new scanning profile is added under Profiles in the left pane.
Once it is done you can go through the different options and select only the items that you want Languard to look for.
You can disable patches that you do not use or do not want to be update, or vulnerabilities that are no longer necessaries for your organization.
NOTE: The same applies to every scans profile already created or default. All of them can be adjusted according to your needs under the profile editor tool.