This article guides you on how to create a new scanning profile using the Scanning Profiles Editor.
- Launch GFI LanGuard management console.
- Click Configuration.
- Right-click on Scanning Profiles and select Scanning Profiles Management.
- In the Scanning Profiles Editor from the Common Tasks, click New Scanning Profile.
- Specify the name of the new profile and optionally select Copy all settings from an existing profile to clone settings from an existing profile.
- Click OK to save settings. The new scanning profile is added under Profiles in the left pane.
- You can go through the different options and select only the items that you want LanGuard to look for.
- You can disable patches that you do not use or do not want to be updated or vulnerabilities that are no longer necessaries for your organization.
- The same applies to every created scanned profile or set by default. All of them can be adjusted according to your needs under the Profile Editor tool.