- GFI LanGuard 2011 and higher
The Items seen in the Scan Target: dropdown selection in the GFI LanGuard console are stored in the toolcfg_scanner.xml file. This file is found in the 'C:\ProgramData\GFI\LanGuard 11' directory in Microsoft Windows Vista and later.
Note: In Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Microsoft Windows Server 2003, the toolcfg_scanner.xml should be found here: '..\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GFI\LanGuard 11'
To remove listings from the toolcfg_scanner.xml file:
- Close the GFI LanGuard console
- Note: Make a backup of the 'toolcfg_scanner.xml' file before beginning any edits
- Open the toolcfg_scanner.xml file with notepad to edit
- Navigate to the section that begins with an 'Items' tag
- Locate any unwanted dropdown selection listings found between 'Item' tags. Be sure to remove the 'Item' open and closure tag associated with the entry
- After making appropriate edits, save the toolcfg_scanner.xml file and close it
- Open the GFI LanGuard console to verify removal of desired scan listings found under the Scan tab, 'Scan Target:' dropdown selection
GFI LanGuard scan target list:
Note: The entry found in 'LastScanTarget' of the toolcfg_scanner.xml will remain in the GFI LanGuard console, even if removed as 'Item' tag