The below instructions guide to scan a device by IP in GFI LanGuard, then remediate based on the scan results.
- There is currently no method to remediate by IP directly, however, the below instructional should guide with a similar request.
- This instructional is intended for scanning from the GFI LanGuard Console.
- GFI LanGuard
- All supported environment
- In the GFI LanGuard Console, configure a manual or scheduled scan
- To set up a manual scan:
- Open the Scan tab
- Click on the ellipsis button (...) to open the Custom target properties.
- Click Add.
- Change the rule type to IP address is or IP address range is, depending on the desired scan target
- Enter the IP address or range, click OK twice.
- Click Scan to proceed
- To set up an auto scan/scheduled scan:
- Open the Configuration tab
- Right click Scheduled Scans on the left side and select New scheduled scan.
- Navigate through the wizard to create a scheduled scan.
- When the scan is complete, select the Remediate tab in the GFI LanGuard Console
- Select the patches that you wish to deploy, the desired target device(s), and click Remediate.