The article provides instructions to scan a device by IP Address in the GFI LanGuard Console and then Remediate the same based on the Scan results.
- GFI LanGuard
Configure a Manual or a Scheduled Scan in the GFI LanGuard Console
- Set up a Manual Scan:
- Open the Scan tab.
- Click on the ellipsis button (...) to open the Custom target properties.
- Click Add.
- Change the rule type to IP address is or the IP address range is, depending on the desired scan target.
- Enter the IP address or range and click OK twice.
- Click Scan to proceed.
- Set up an Auto Scan/Scheduled Scan:
- Open the Configuration tab.
- Right-click Scheduled Scans on the left side, and select New Scheduled Scan.
- Navigate through the wizard to create a Scheduled Scan.
Remediate the Scan Results
- When the scan is complete, select Remediate in the GFI LanGuard Console.
- Select the patches to be deployed, the desired target device(s), and click Remediate.