This article will guide users on how to upgrade to GFI LanGuard 2015.
To find the latest version of GFI LanGuard, go to the GFI Upgrade Center.
NOTE: The upgrade can be performed from either GFI LanGuard 2011 or GFI LanGuard 2012. If you are using a version older than LanGuard 2011, you are required to first upgrade to GFI LanGuard 2011.
Minimum System Requirements of GFI LanGuard 2015:
|Component||1 to 100 Clients||100 to 500 Clients||500 to 3,000 Clients*|
|Processor||2 GHz Dual Core||2.8 GHz Dual Core||3 GHz Quad-Core|
|Physical Storage||5 GB||10 GB||20 GB|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|Network Bandwidth||1544 kbps||1544 kbps||1544 kbps|
- If there is a need to manage 2000+ seats of GFI LanGuard, it is recommended to contact us for pricing as well as suggestions regarding the proper management and deployment of this solution
- GFI LanGuard 2014 R2 introduced a new licensing subscription model.
- A valid software maintenance agreement comes with an entitlement to upgrade the GFI LanGuard license key without further cost. License keys can be managed via the customer area.
- GFI LanGuard 2015 is considered a minor update. This means that it is not intended to be installed side by side with LanGuard 2012, but installed on the same path and use the same service name. Configuration settings are automatically retained.
- A new license key is needed for GFI LanGuard 2015 only if upgrading from GFI LanGuard 2011.
- GFI LanGuard 2015 installs alongside GFI LanGuard 2011 and can function without issue. It is recommended to uninstall GFI LanGuard 2011 once the upgrade process is successful.
In-Place Upgrade Procedure
- Ensure you have a recent backup of GFI LanGuard.
- Disable any antivirus software completely during the upgrade.
- Download the latest installer.
- Right-click the installer file and select Properties > General > Unblock > Apply/OK.
The appearance of the Unblock button is dependent on the server security settings.
- Run the installer.
- The installer installs prerequisites if needed.
- The upgrade process automatically imports the settings from the previous GFI LanGuard 2012 or 2014 installation.