GFI LanGuard 2014 R2 (version 11.3), as well as future versions, have changed the licensing model to be subscription based. Versions of the product prior to this release used an SMA (Service Maintenance Agreement) model.
The reason for this change:
- GFI LanGuard is not only a software application but a service that has to be continuously updated in order to provide protection.
- In previous versions, the product continued to work after SMA expiry (although the product updates were disabled) thus offering a false sense of security.
No pricing change:
- First-year subscription pricing remains the same as the previous main price.
- Subsequent years subscription price remains same as previous SMA price.
What happens when the subscription expires?
How does this affect the upgrade process?
- If you are currently using a license for LangGuard 2014 with an expired SMA, you will need to ensure you renew your subscription before upgrading to LanGuard 2014 R2 (version 11.3)
- More information about subscription can be found on GFI LanGuard Pricing