Languard12Agent.msi file is missing, causing failures to upgrade Languard Agents
- After performing an upgrade of Languard from an earlier version to the latest release on rare occasion you may find that the Languard Agent is not updating to the latest release to match the console upgrade performed.
- During the upgrade the Languard12Agent.msi file was not copied to ..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\Languard 12\Agent
: If the file is missing, you need to gather the .msi file to put it in place for the remediation job to gather it and push to the agents needing an upgrade.
- Download installer for your GFI LanGuard version from one of the following links:
- After you download the installer, right click on the installer > Properties > Unblock and apply before running the installation.
- Double click the LanGuard installer and then go to the temp folder created, typically C:\Users\Logged on User\AppData\Local\Temp\LanGuard12Resources.
- Locate C:\Users\Logged on User\AppData\Local\Temp\LanGuard12Resources\LanGuard12Agent.msi
- Copy this file to ..\Program Files (x86)\GFI\LanGuard 12\Agent
: After the above steps have been completed, run an agent scan, or allow the system time to push the LanGuard Agent upgrade, at which point the remediation job should succeed.