By default debug mode is disabled in GFI LanGuard. However, for troubleshooting purposes, you may wish to temporarily enable it.
To enable debugging, follow the steps below:
- Close the GFI LANguard configuration.
- Stop the 'GFI LANguard 12 Attendant Service'.
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run > type
Regeditand press Enter).
- Change to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\GFI\LNSS12\Config] (x86) / [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GFI\LNSS12\Config] (x64)
- Locate the DWORD value Debug
- Change the value as follows:
0 - Debug is disabled
1 - Debug is enabled
- Create a DWORD entry with the name:
- Change the value to 10 (or the value requested by Technical Support)
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Restart the service stopped in step 2.
Navigate to the location of your LanGuard debugging log file location, typically found below, to confirm that logs are being written:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GFI\LanGuard [version number]\DebugLogs
[version number] should be replaced with the version of LanGuard in use, e.g.,
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GFI\LanGuard 12\DebugLogs
noting the space before the number.
NOTE: It is recommended to disable debugging when not required. When enabled, the scanning speed of GFI LANguard may be slower.