By default debug mode is disabled in GFI LanGuard. To enable debug in GFI LANguard:
- Close the GFI LANguard configuration
- Stop the 'GFI LANguard 12 Attendant Service'
- Open Registry Editor (Start > Run > type Regedit and press Enter)
- Change to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFWARE\GFI\LNSS12\Config] (x86) / [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\GFI\LNSS12\Config] (x64)
- Locate the DWORD value Debug
- Change the value as follows:
0 - Debug is disabled
1 - Debug is enabled
- Create a DWORD entry with name: multifilebackupcount
- Change the value to 10 (or the value requested by Technical Support)
- Close Registry Editor
- Restart the service stopped in step 2
NOTE: It is recommended to have debug disabled when this is not required. When debug is enabled, the scanning speed of GFI LANguard may be slower.