The started Remediation or Custom Software deployment can be stopped as soon it is started and when the remediation status is 'awaiting'. The running remediation needs to complete and the deployment can be removed afterward using the Uninstall Applications section under Remediation Center.
- GFI LanGuard.
- All supported versions.
A started remediation is unable to be stopped in the state 'running'. The function is designed in a way that remediation cannot be stopped while running.
NOTE: While remediation is in running state it is required to stop the remediation manually on all client computers. GFI LanGuard will need to reconnect with the backend database to update the status.
Follow these steps to stop running remediation.
- Open the GFI LanGuard Console.
- Go to Configuration > Database Maintenance options > Database backend settings.
- Re-check the Windows Authentication or re-enter the SQL credentials.
- Click Apply.
- Click Yes to stop all scans in progress and wait for the database to reconnect with GFI LanGuard.
- Press OK and verify the status under the Remediation Jobs section.
After you have successfully gone through all the steps, GFI LanGuard should stop Remediation from running.