This article provides instructions to fix GFI LanGuard components by using the Repair option in Programs and Features applet in the Windows Control Panel. If these instructions fail to resolve the issue, Try to reinstall GFI LanGuard.
When components are degraded, unexpected behavior arises with GFI LanGuard:
Services do not start.
Console or services stop running unexpectedly.
Tasks do not run when trying to start them manually or triggered by schedule.
Some console components do not update information as required.
Program Updates fail constantly.
Some results do not load after the scan/remediation job.
Logs show constant exceptions and crashes of components, components not registered or missing files.
- Download the installer for the currently installed GFI LanGuard version:
- Right-Click on the Installer > Properties > Unblock and click Apply before running the installation.
- Double click the LanGuard installer and then go to the temp folder created, typically C:\Users\logged on user\AppData\Local\Temp\2\LanGuard12Resources.
- Copy this folder to the desktop and cancel the installer.
- Run the Repair option from Programs and Features in Control Panel and point the repair to the folder that was copied in Step-4.
If you followed the steps above successfully, GFI LanGuard will install properly.