Major version upgrades of third-party software are not assigned a severity level by GFI LanGuard, in the list of missing patches.
- GFI Languard
- All supported environments
By default, GFI LanGuard ignores Major Version Upgrades when computing the vulnerability level.
- Important: Create a backup of xml which by default is located in <drive>\ProgramData\GFI\Languard <version>\ where <version> is the version number of GFI LanGuard. Rename the backup copy to toolcfg_simple.xml.orig
- Manually add this category in the file xml:
<Category Name="MajorVersionUpgradeOfTypeSecurityAffectsVulnerabilityLevelTwist"><Items><Item Name="Affects"><![CDATA]></Item></Items></Category>
- Save the file and close it.
- Open xml in a web browser and make sure that it displays correctly as a valid XML.
- Restart the GFI LanGuard Attendant service from the Services applet.