Applies to:GFI LanGuard
- MS SQL is recommended for any installation. Use MS SQL Express rather than MS Access.
- MS Access should only be used during evaluation (up to 25 computers). It is less reliable and its size is limited to a maximum of 2GB.
- When migrating from MS Access to MS SQL LanGuard will offer to move the data in your MS Access database to the new MS SQL database.
Note: GFI LanGuard uses a fixed name for the SQL database that cannot be altered (currently LNSSScanResults11). When connecting to MS SQL the first time GFI LanGuard will create the database for you with that name (do not create a database with this name in SQL before this).
GFI LanGuard supports the following database backends:
- MS Access (default)
- MS SQL 2005
- MS SQL 2008
- MS SQL 2008R2
- MS SQL 2012
SQL Express versions are also supported and normally have the following limitations:
- Database size limitations:
- SQL 2005 (4 GB)
- SQL 2008 and above: (10 GB)
- Memory Address limit (1 GB)
- CPU limit (1 CPU)