AnswerGFI LanGuard will automatically search for new machines when Network Discovery is enabled.
To disable this feature, do the following:
- Open the GFI LanGuard console and navigate to the Dashboard tab
- Right-click the group on the left pane for which the feature should be disabled and select Properties. To disable the feature on the whole network, select the top level folder named Local Domain.
- Go to Network Discovery tab and uncheck the box Check automatically for new machines in this group
The use of network discovery does not imply that each new machine make use of a license. It only adds the new computers to the dashboard, keeping thus the synchronization with the Active Directory. Should you need to free up some licenses, please refer to How to remove scanned computers and free up licensing in GFI LanGuard.
GFI LanGuard 2015 has added a Active Directory Synchronization Wizard that you can run manually to do the following:
- Add computers to GFI LanGuard that are in Active Directory but have not been added.
- Remove computers from GFI LanGuard that are no longer in Active Directory
- Move computers to their correct OU