When trying to open the GFI WebMonitor console, the Communication Error "The pipe endpoint 'net.pipe://localhost/webmon/dal' could not be found on your local machine"
will be displayed.
- GFI WebMonitor 2013 or 2015
- All supported environments
- Open the installation path of the WebMonitor in ..\GFI\WebMonitor\Data\
- Rename or move the Firebird Database file (FDB)
- Open the GFI WebMonitor console
- Open the settings for the back-end database
- Click into the text field for the database name
- Save the changes (actual changes are not required)
- Check the new database file has been created
- It is recommended to use Microsoft SQL for the back-end database.
- If the file has become too large, it may be necessary to reduce the time the activity logs are retained for.
The database file has become corrupted.