AnswerPlease note that this article has been created for reference only and should not be suggested to customers.
It is very important to run this case by a supervisor/PSG before agreeing or providing instructions to downgrade to the customer. Please threat this on a case-by-case basis.
- To perform a downgrade of WebMonitor 2015, you'll need a previous 2013 key. This can be retrieved from KeysAdmin or from license certificate send to the customer.
- If this is a new customer using WebMonitor 2015 for the first time, we need to contact Customer Services.
The downgrade process involves these three steps:
- Uninstall the current GFI WebMonitor 2015
- Rename the 2015 installation folder to WebMonitor_2015
- Download the previous version: download: http://cdndl.gfi.com/gfiwebmonitor2013_net.exe
- Install the 2013 WebMonitor in a new folder (example C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\WebMonitor_2013)
- To retrieve the configuration from 2015, please follow these steps:
- Stop all the GFI WebMonitor Services
- Browse to the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\WebMonitor_2015\Interface\App_Data'
- Rename the database from 'configuration.aus.db' to 'configuration.db'
- Browse to the same path of the 2013 installation; 'C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\WebMonitor_2013\Interface\App_Data'
- Rename the configuration.db file to 'configuration.db_old'
- Paste the configuration.db here
- Restart the services stopped on number 1
- If client before the upgrade did an export of the configuration using the WebMon.SettingsImporterTool.exe – he will be able to import it back to the version 2013