This article describes the process to follow when the below error message is displayed after trying to browse to a website:
Error 502: Failed Connection Attempt ISA 04/03/2012 11:54:00 AM Log type: Web Proxy (Forward) Status: 50 The request is not supported. Rule: Allow Internet Access Source: Internal ( 10.0.80.50:0) Destination: External ( 126.96.36.199:80) Request: POST
- GFI WebMonitor for ISA / TMG
- Microsoft ISA server 2004
- Microsoft ISA server 2006
When the compression filter is disabled, Microsoft ISA cannot handle some compressed HTTP content.
To correct the issue, you much enable the HTTP Compression Filter:
- Open the Microsoft ISA Management MMC.
- Expand the Configuration node.
- Under the General node, click on Define HTTP Compression Preferences.
- Click on Add and select the Network and/or Computer sets you wish to apply the compression rules to.
- The default compression level is disabled. Select an element and press the Set Compression button to configure compression.