GFI WebMonitor installation terminates after attempting to install MSMQ.
- GFI Webmonitor 2013 or earlier
- Requirement to install MSMQ
Check Event Viewer for an error similar to below:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSMQ
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2170
Computer: (PC Hostname)
Message Queuing failed to bind to port 1801. The port may already be bound to another process. Make sure that the port is free and try to start Message Queuing again. If this problem arises during setup, you must free the port and run setup again.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
You can reserve this port by editing the registry:
- Open the registry editor (Start > Run > type regedit.exe and press Enter)
- Navigate to: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
- Add port 1801 to the key ReservedPorts
Start the installation again. MSMQ and other prerequisites should begin to install.
MSMQ failed to bind to port 1801 and as a result the installation of GFI WebMonitor fails.