This article describes relevant information on how to control access to GFI WebMonitor's configuration and monitoring interface, and it provides the steps required to create access control rules accordingly.
GFI WebMonitor 2015 and later
GFI WebMonitor allows you to control who can access the configuration and monitoring interface through access rights, which can be assigned based on either the IP of the computer from which the access is attempted or by the domain-authenticated username of the client trying to load the configuration. Only users and computers in the authorized users/IP list of GFI WebMonitor will be allowed access to GFI WebMonitor interfaces.
Access rights can be configured as follows:
- Open the GFI WebMonitor Console.
- Click on the Settings button (the gear icon at the top right).
- Advanced Settings option.
- Click on UI Access Control. The Access Control page appears.
- Click on Create Rule to create a new rule (or edit an existing one from the list displayed by clicking Edit on the rule), and assign access rights based on users or IPs.