This article does not refer to the latest version of the product.
If you want to upgrade to the latest version, go to: https://upgrade.gfi.com/?product=gfi-webmonitor
Use the following procedure to upgrade to WebMonitor 2012 SR1 (build 20120618) from earlier builds of WebMonitor 2012
IMPORTANT NOTES (Please review)
- If upgrading from a previous version of Webmonitor (2009 or 2011) follow the procedures listed here instead
- The upgrade will require a restart of the Microsoft Firewall service (ISA/TMG version) and GFI Services (both versions) which will break any existing connections. No reboot is required
- This procedure is valid for both the ISA/TMG version and the Stand-alone Proxy version
- You do not need a new license key if upgrading from earlier builds of WebMonitor 2012
Upgrade Procedure (for both ISA/TMG and Stand-alone Proxy versions)
- Backup your configuration as a precaution per the following articles:
- Download the new build from our website by clicking here.
- Run the installer. It will do the following:
- Uninstall the current versions' executable files, leaving behind your configuration files, quarantine, webgrade database, etc
- Install the new build in the same installation directory
- Use your existing configuration.
- Automatically upgrade your backend database structure/schema (in the background)
IMPORTANT NOTES on the database upgrade process:
- The database backend upgrade process is necessary to support the new features in GFI Webmonitor 2012 SR1.
- The database backend upgrade process will occur automatically after the installation wizard has finished and will run in the background.
- If you open the WebMonitor console at this time, you will see in the dashboard that the data is not available. This is because the database is being upgraded.
- During the database upgrade process the current user connection information will not be lost. It will be cached and saved to the database when the upgrade is completed.
- If you see a message that the database upgrade failed in the Dashboard, please run the WebMonDataImporterTool.exe (located in the Webmonitor install directory) and choose to import from a Webmonitor 2012 database. This will complete the process.